Thursday, December 14, 2006

Long Time No Blog

Yes, it's been a while but ReBorn is still on my mind every single day. I was in Memphis for Mikey's wedding and then in Texas for three weeks (so great) and then preparing for Christmas and I guess these are my excuses.

While in Memphis I stopped by a darling little maternity store that really got me excited. The store is called Haute Mama Maternity (v. cute name). Somehow they do not have a website but they do have an email list and are really great about sending updates. I've received emails about new lines, pregnancy and health tips, and a cute email about a cooking class for kids...which I guess was going on in the same shopping complex and invited moms to come shop while kids cooked. Anyway, I like the email updates. You have to sign up for them and when you do, you indicate your due date and you'll be removed from the list. I wish I had signed up twice - one w/a due date and one w/o. I wonder what they do on the due date?

Things I really liked about the store:
1. The decore - wooden hangers caught my attention immediately, the walls were hot pink
2. The vibe was very 'cool' - I can't tell you why because my memories have faded a bit but I know that when I think about the store I think 'cool place' and that is really what it's all about. Am I right?!?
3. Citizen jeans were front and center
4. The email list
5. The sales woman - so nice. so friendly. very encouraging to me about my business plan.

Also, Isabella Oliver (www.isabellaoliver.com) has an amazing new Fall line. If you haven't seen it and you're able to afford $90 t-shirts than you must check it out.

No comments: