Wednesday, December 20, 2006

WEV Orientation

I went to the WEV Orientation last night and it was so great! I was in a room full of women who are wanting to or have already started their own businesses. SO RAD! I got there a little late so I missed some of the women's business ideas but the ones I heard were very interesting. There was a photographer, a soap maker, a woman who wants to open a My Gym-like establishment, another wants to wants to have her own salon, and a native Spanish-speaker who wants to start a computer consultant company. Right!?! So cool.

The class starts in Feb, lasts for 16 weeks and the membership rates go up at the end of January significantly so I will need to make a decision quickly. I don't want to wait till September to take this class. However, because we (and by we, I mean Kevin) make so much money the cost of the class is $1K. That might be much in the big scheme of things but it's certainly more than we can afford at the moment.

I'm going to get started on the scholarship application and pray. I really want to go through this program. So exciting!

No comments: